is it possible to sue my employers or even my union for lying and covering up their lack of follow through

2015-11-10 09:18
my boss trained me one day I find out that I'm being fired for policy conduct turns out my boss says she never taught my that I've been there six years and was trained by her for four of those six., the union steps in and all the while they are back stepping from a prior complaint that they are trying to avoid me bringing up long story short I got fired was told by union if i win my case to the board I'll receive back pay for the time I was out well union got my job back but refuse to ask for back pay and I was also denied my unemployment as well this has cause me so much harm all because I wanted to fight against pay reduction which resulted in retaliation from my bosses and because the union didn't want to take them on and push it under the rug but only left my peers angry and determined to get rid of me
It is actually possible to sue anybody - ask any lawyer. The trick is in winning...Hopefully you have documentation and or somehow can prove these things...Talk to a lawyer. If they offer first consult free that can save you some $. If they believe you have a strong case they will probably offer to take a % of the winnings. If they want to charge by the hour then you need to understand the lawyer does not think you have a chance of winning and wants $ upfront.
You can file suit, but the key to doing so is win ability! I've had to fire many a person, there is a correct way, and a whoops I spent a lot of money to get nothing way. SEVERAL TIMES per year I attended employee rights classes, and or management liability classes. Why, I wanted to keep my home, savings and other assets! We had a set written policy with a section on corrective actions taken by management! The correct way for management is to document, document, document, while following agency corrective policy. Anyone is subject to termination, and stands little chance of winning a suit if management properly connects the dots in proper form per policy. Out west we don't have a lot to do with unions. When I worked in Michigan the union fought over and over again to keep a terminated employee working. He got their job back, 60 days later he was promoted to supervision, and given another 60 days to learn his new job. Even though the agency provided plenty of training to help him learn his new position. On his 60 day review this PROBATIONARY supervisor was informed that he couldn't perform the supervisory position per agency standards. Because the new position was supervision, he had to give up his union employee status. Conclusion: his old position was filled by a new hire. Since he wasn't a union member they couldn't represent him. He was terminated for failure to maintain minimum standards. It comes down to a point where is a will, there is a way! If they want to get rid of you they will. Find a good reputable employee rights lawyer, ask him/her just how winnable your case is. Then you will have enough information to make an intelligent decision!
Look for another job. Or go higher up in the union. Go to your rep's supervisor. Look at your union contract. Their is a chain of command you have to follow. Be civil and don't throw a fit when explaining your plight. Trust me. It won't work. Keep going until you get the desired answer. GL. Let us know!

Do you have an answer?

Login or Join to answer

Popular Questions